Proper pruning is very important to the health and longevity of your trees and shrubs. We prune to enhance and emphasize the natural shape, as well as, to maintain the health of the shrubs and small trees.
When pruning shrubs remove the oldest and thickest wood right down to the ground. This allows for rejuvenation by giving more space for the younger shoots, which will provide the future framework of the shrub.
Other reasons to prune:
- to remove dead, diseased or broken branches,
- to remove crossing or rubbing branches
- for better air flow to reduce chance of pests and disease
- to enhance natural shape,
- for better flower and fruit production