Garden care addresses primarily the care and maintenance of existing garden beds. Whether you require a simple spring cleaning or ongoing maintenance, you can expect the same consistent attention to detail. Our work is informed by the desire to establish long term health in all the gardens we work in by bringing a holistic approach to our work, from soil to leaf.
OUR STANDARD MAINTENANCE CONTRACT INCLUDES:
- making well defined edges around all garden beds
- light cultivation
- deadheading and staking of perennials where necessary
- natural pruning of shrubs in the spring where appropriate
- assessment of the garden’s overall health
- observations for pests and disease
ADDITIONAL SERVICES INTEGRAL TO A LONG TERM HEALTHY PROGRAM:
- soil amendment such as compost
- planting suggestions
- applications of compost tea
- use of organic methods for control of pests and diseases
- applying shredded pine bark mulch...benefits of mulch
- tree, shrub and perennial planting
- transplanting and or splitting of perennials and shrubs
- tree pruning less than 10'
- cultivate the soil only when dealing with very heavy soils
- recommendations for the right plant for the right place.